The simplest way to get started with VTS is by following some of our tutorials. The tutorials are organized into two main sections and roughly sorted by complexity starting with the simplest ones.
- GPX Track Viewer: use VTS-Browser-JS Geodata API to visualize GPX.
- GeoJSON: Import and Styling with VTS-Browser-JS: import GeoJSON from arbitrary source and learn how to style geodata.
- GeoJSON: Import and Extending with VTS-Browser-JS: display geodata programmatically generated at frontend, do more advanced styling.
- GeoJSON: Hover Events in VTS-Browser-JS: create interactive application by use of hover events and style switching.
- Land Use: Adding Legend and Layer Switch to The Map: enhance the map with interactive layer control and a legend.
- Importing OBJ Models with VTS-Browser-JS: place OBJ models from arbitrary source into your map and get more in-depth view to the rendering pipeline.
- List of JSFiddle live examples: extensive list of live examples focused on single feature of VTS-Browser-JS. Some of them are referenced from previous tutorials but there is a lot more worth to check.
Backend tutorials are focused on setting up the VTS Backend environment, preprocessing your data and configuring the VTS streaming servers to serve the data to the client. It is a must-read if you plan to serve your own data through VTS.
- Setting up Your Own VTS Backend Environment: essential basic setup of VTS, most other backend tutorials build atop of it.
- Mars: The Peaks and Valleys: set up an interactive 3D globe using local data on your drive (DEM and imagery) and mapproxy.
- Mars: Searchable Nomenclature Labels: add and style vector nomenclature labels and set up search functionality for the previous tutorial.
- Land Use: Copernicus DEM with Urbanatlas and Corine Land Cover WMS: combine maps available through WMS with open Copernicus DEM using mapproxy.
- Land Use: Open Landuse Maps over 3D Data: use free layers to combine 2D land use data with 3D city in eye-pleasing way.
- Displaying Bing Map layers: leverage mapproxy drivers to use Bing Maps in your maps.
- Displaying Raster and Vector Cadastre Over 3D Data: fuse two 3D models of Jenstejn village in storage and overlay them with both raster and styled vector cadastre sourced from MBtiles archive.